Wednesday, May 6, 2009

hiking again....

Hiking in Griffith Park with the Sierra Club. Week Two. Went out and bought new hiking shows. Ready to roll. Got to the park with no time to spare. How can a left turn take 6 minutes? John (my new friend) decided we were up for a 3.5 hike so off we go. It was a brisk walk up a steep hill. We stopped. Off came the long sleeve tshirt. Out came the water and my chatting began...I chatted up the boys, a cute girl software developer for ATT --who kept wanting to show me her I-phone Aps and then Cathy who had volunteered to be the "sweep" for the hike. I stayed at the back of the pack with Cathy -- or more likely she stayed with me.  The moon came up we went up and two hours later we were down. New shoes, new blisters, new respect for hikers!

No comments:

Post a Comment