Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Getty


The Getty. I fell asleep waiting in line(as usual). Thank goodness Ally was manning the wheel. We took the tram up the hill and saw some fairly contemporary photography, checked out some old masters, a few impressionists but mostly dug the garden. The building is situated in the most spectacular way and when you leave the rough stone (old world) and smooth white (new world) edifice you can feel the "clash of the Titans" that must have occurred between the Richard Meier the architect and the landscape architect (whose name escapes me because it is almost my bedtime or cocktail hour....whichever....whatever.) Anyway--I love the Getty garden and the otherworldly cactus Garden. Nothing indigenous here - but lots of genius I think.
xoxox Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment